Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Vintage Chalkboard 40th Birthday Celebration

Pin It!


Next week I'll be turning 40, so to celebrate my last week of being in my 30s we went to Phillip Island for the weekend. We hired a holiday house and our family and friends came for a BBQ lunch on Sunday. After lunch we went to the beach, hired some wetsuits and surfboards and had some fun.

Roses from our garden in cute jam jars (love the Bonne Maman jam jars)

Cheese Table


Cheese Table


Happy Birthday Bunting

Beverage Table
Drink Dispenser from Wheel and Barrow
Ice Bucket from Masters

I found these 'beer mugs' at one of those cheap shops - they come with lids too
Mini Milk Bottles from our shop

Drink Dispenser from Wheel and Barrow
filled with Lemon and Iced Tea with Mint


French Champagne from some very special friends in France

Wine Charms - I just love how these turned out!
Antique Silver Cabochon Frames and Glass Cabochons from Beads Online
Wine Glass Charm Rings from Crafty Bead Dreamer 


Silver Disposable Cutlery by Party Said Fred from Lombards

Grey and White Bakers Twine from Style Party Love

Silver Frame (I bought cheap white frames from the Reject Shop and spray painted them silver)


Dessert Table
Trifle
Red Velvet Cake with Raspberries
Choc-mint Cheesecake
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Cake Pops
Creme Brûlée
Cupcakes
Patisserie artwork downloaded from the Graphics Fairy
Ambrosia Zest Appetiser Plates from House






Ambrosia Ice Cream bowl from House


Thank You Musk Lollies










I am so pleased with how it all came together. Big thank you to Mark, our boys and my parents who helped set it all up and pack it all up again. <3  Mark did most of the baking (he is such a wonderful cook!) for the dessert table (and my Mum made my favourite Cheesecake). We had various BBQ meats, Garlic Prawns and Salads for lunch.

I made the large framed signs (cheese, wine and dessert) in Photoshop - I had them printed at Officeworks and then we mounted them onto corflute with spray adhesive. We made the frames out of balsa wood that we cut to size, stained and then glued onto the corflute.

I used paper doilies and bakers twine to make the doily bunting. Fold the doily in half, glue with the twine on the inside of the fold. Easy Peasy!

Bunting (not the same as the bunting pictured), food labels, cupcake wrappers, party circles and thank you bag toppers are all available for purchase from  our shop.










Pin It!

No comments: